Soma's vision: The Gospel Changes Everything
A vision is a preferred future: an imagination for what could be fueled by the conviction of what should be. In this series we’re going to unpack our hopes, dreams, and prayers for gospel-driven transformation in our community.
Knowing that the gospel - the good news of Jesus' life, death, resurrection, and future return - changes everything, we're taking time to focus on how the gospel should shape our culture as a church and our mission in the world.
You can find a fuller expression of these in our Strategic Framework for this ministry year, but in brief, we're praying for the gospel to transform our church to look more like:
A culture defined by ...
- Humility (It's not about you)
- Family (We're better together)
- Authenticity (We find strength in weakness)
- Empowerment (Lead like an owner)
- Renewal (Leave it better than you found it)
And a mission with the fruit of ...
- Disciples: transformed people who love, trust, and obey Jesus
- Leaders: self-aware servants in the church, the community, and the world
- Communities: healthy, life-giving, diverse relationships
- Churches: healthy, maturing, multiplying local churches
- Flourishing: our neighborhoods and networks left better than we found them
If this church is your home or this mission excites you, we hope you'll join us!
See below sermons for resources related to this series.
This week | September 10
Midtown | Discipleship | Luke 9:20-25
Downtown| Discipleship | Luke 9:20-25
Northwest | Discipleship | Luke 9:20-25
Resources related to our vision for our culture:
- The Prodigal God by Tim Keller
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- Everyday Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis
- How People Change by Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp
- Oneness Embraced by Tony Evans
For our mission:
- Total Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis
- To Change the World by James Davidson Hunter
- Merciful by Randy Nabors