Yesterday, we celebrated our third All-Congregational Gathering at Broad Ripple High School. It was a fantastic time of worshiping God and celebrating what we've seen at Soma. We also shared the elders' vision for a ministry priority for 2017; the one way we'd like to focus our attention as church leaders this year.
If you didn't get a Priority Card yesterday (don't worry, they'll be at your congregation's Connect Table this Sunday!), the text is below. We're excited to be working with you all in this coming year!
We are deeply grateful for the work God has done in and through the Soma community over the last several years. In light of where we are and where we feel God leading us as a church, we want to focus our vision on one key priority for 2017, with five strategic goals growing out of that priority.
Increase Ownership of Soma’s Vision: We want to see even more of our people “live like an owner” - embrace, articulate, and embody our vision to see the gospel change everything in the places and the people to which God has called them.
Specifically, we plan to increase ownership by...
- Simplifying our language, systems, and expectations
- Launching Soma Northwest in the fall of 2017
- Practicing authentic racial reconciliation through hospitality
- Equipping people to better care for one another in community
- Casting vision for a new citywide student ministry