Select the fund "Advent Offering 2017" in the page that opens to give.
Soma Family Ministries exists to strengthen and equip Soma families, care for and teach the children who come through our doors, and build relationships with unchurched neighbors through the experience of parenting. Our goal is to see life-giving relationships develop not only within families, but also between people of all generations in our church body.
If we meet our goal of $25,000, we will be able to implement a comprehensive plan to offer more resources, support, and connection events for parents and neighborhood families.
Specifically, we're hoping to ...
- Begin a monthly “Parent Connections” workshop to offer parents training and opportunities to connect
- Initiate a bimonthly mothers group (similar to MOPS) to provide mothers of young children practical ideas, discipleship, and relationship-building opportunities with other mothers
- Create a comprehensive spiritual growth plan for kids of Soma with general goals/milestones for children and students
- Initiate a "partner curriculum" model, where Soma parents and Soma volunteers are working to disciple our children in tandem
- Give professional development for the leadership team and key volunteers in Soma Kids and Soma Students
- Support and equip missional communities in Midtown as they seek to integrate and support families
- Offer family-friendly events/celebrations both for Midtown Soma families and for our neighbors